SUMMER and ACADEMIC YEAR COMMUNICATIONS INTERNSHIPS
Since 1964, SIECUS has been advocating for the rights of all people to accurate information, quality sex education, and the full spectrum of sexual and reproductive health services. We believe that sex education is a powerful vehicle for social change. Our focus is on advancing sex education as a means of building a foundation for a long-term culture shift that will positively impact all levels of society, particularly issues of gender equity, sexuality, sexual and reproductive health, consent, personal safety, and autonomy. SIECUS applies an intersectional lens to ensure people’s real lived experiences inform our policy, education, and strategic communications work.
SIECUS internship opportunities are:
- Summer internships, from June through August, for an estimated 25 hours per week
- School-year internships, from September through May, for an estimated 20 hours per week
- Intended for current students or recent grads of both undergraduate and graduate programs
The Communications intern will work with the SIECUS team on a variety of possible activities including, but not limited to:
- Usage of Social Media Tools (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, etc.) for current and potential One Voice supporters on regular goings on of the chorus.
- Assist with the implementation of the Strategic Development Plan for communications, including newsletters (internal, and external).
- Attend the monthly Committee meeting to report and provide input from the Social Media
- POV for overall marketing efforts of the season and concert cycle.
- Be the point person on tasks related to implementing the Strategic Development and Communications plan related to social media.
- Assist in coordinating with the webmaster.
- Assist in creating videos for audience development purposes to bridge the key messages of the concert and outreach projects. These videos range from one-and-a-half minutes to four-and-a-half minutes. The vignettes are real, honest stories of One Voice experiences.
- Assist and serve as a liaison with certain press opportunities – press releases, sponsorship opportunities, etc.
- Assist with content edits
- Assisting with special projects as needed
How to apply: Please submit a cover letter sharing your personal interest as well as a resume, to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Name, Position Title” in the subject line. Please make sure all submitted material file names clearly state your name.