April 20, 2017
Rumors are already rampant that when Congress returns next week—faced with the Continuing Resolution ending on April 28—they will, once again just buy time by extending federal funding for an additional week instead of finalizing it, even though the fiscal year is already more than half-way over. Plus, there is continued chatter of renewed efforts to undermine and repeal the Affordable Care Act.
Fortunately, there’s still time while Members of Congress are back home this weekend to head to a town hall and make sure you share your concerns with your elected policymakers!
Before you go, brush-up on some related partner resources:
- How Dismantling the ACA’s Marketplace Coverage Would Impact Sexual and Reproductive Health (Guttmacher Institute)
- The House Republican Repeal Bill Threatens Reproductive Justice for Women of Color (In Our Own Voice: National Black Women's Reproductive Justice Agenda, National Asian Pacific American Women's Forum, and National Latina Institute for Reproductive Health, and the National Partnership for Women & Families)
- Why Repealing the Affordable Care Act is Bad Medicine for LGBT Communities (Center for American Progress)
Want more town hall tips and tools?
- Families USA: Keep the Pressure on Congress to Protect Our Health Care
- Resistance Recess: April Recess
- Center for American Progress Action Fund: ResistanceInYourPocket
Your continued engagement with policymakers is essential to protecting sexual and reproductive health and rights in the months to come. Make your voice heard today!